[nagdu] Cost of a service dog

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:00:02 UTC 2013

I think the non-fee for blind people has to do with low expectations of the blind, or none. I also suspect that other facilities rely on the thought that people will manage to raise funds for their dogs by donations from philanthropic groups. It does seem strange to me though that guide dog schools approach with no or low fees. Of course TSE instituted it as a small way of showing respect for blind people. If I had to pay that kind of fee that some have to, I would not owner train. I would not use a dog. I would hazard a guess that at the end of the day after you had trained your pup you would have put in a high amount of money anyway. Of course, there is the level of satisfaction.

CL