[nagdu] how dogs learn

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Aug 31 15:32:38 UTC 2013

Wow! A dog that doesn't want a sniff fest in the grocery store? What
kind of magic do you have? /lol/

Mitzi was busy, busy in stores at first, so she made me nervous when I
first started shopping with her. She wanted to investigate everything,
so my motto was Constant Vigilance. She never did create a disaster and
finally settled down, although she will look at things and point at them
with her nose without touching them. Whew! Funny what she points out to
me, too.

Still, when I think about all the trials and tribulations of training,
the part that scares the pants off me is the meat counter at the grocery
store. Traffic? Pshaw! That ain't scary. It's the meat counter that's
dangerous. /lol/

While I was working with her around the high stimulation of the meat
counter at the corner grocery store while actually trying to buy some
meat, what I did not know was that the other butcher was slipping out to
hand my pup scraps from the cutting room. Help! I guess it didn't ruin
everything, since I can go shopping with my dog. But I see meat counters
as hazardous environments. /lol/

Tami