[nagdu] 2 things in one

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at charter.net
Sun Dec 8 16:46:30 UTC 2013

Hello all,

One of our instructors at The Seeing Eye gave us some excellent advice. If
you are uncomfortable out in the weather, the same is probably true for your
dog.
So, plan accordingly. If it is overly hot or cold, I don't spend much time
outside with Gabe. Also, you may want to give your dog a little extra food
if you are going to be outside waiting for a bus or walking somewhere in
cold weather.
I do have boots and a waterproof jacket for Gabe, but he doesn't like to
wear them so I don't worry about it. I've also found that the jacket
interferes with the harness.

Hope this helps.

Liz

p.s. Right now, we are dealing with one of the worst ice storms to hit north
Texas. I wish I had yack tracks or another type of shoe so that I can walk
on the ice.
Everything is frozen solid so I'm just letting Gabe out in my backyard, and
I'm assuming he's doing his business! He seems to be handling the ice just
fine.