[nagdu] Man and dog fell onto tracks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Dec 17 18:29:47 UTC 2013

I just heard a news story on the radio.  A man and his guide dog Orlando, a
black lab, slipped and fell onto the subway tracks at 145th Street on the A
line in New York City.  Luckily, the motorman in the oncoming train saw the
man fall and slowed the train enough so that he wasn't badly hurt.  Both man
and dog are in the hospital in stable condition.
The man on the radio said "Seeing Eye dog", but it might be the generic use
of the term.
I was very happy to hear all ended well.  I fell on the tracks once myself,
and it's a scary place to be.
Tracy