[nagdu] Possible Discrimination?

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 18 17:17:40 UTC 2013

Jessica,
	On a number of occasions, we have discussed on this list the
problems that arise when giving advance notice that one will be accompanied
by a guide dog. This is a perfect example of why it is not advisable to do
so. No public entity, private entity providing public acommodations, or
airline can may offer a service, aid, accommodation, or benefit that is
discriminatory in nature. By giving advance notice, it gives the impression
that something special needs to happen as the result of the presence of the
service dog. As a result, those with whom we share this information make
things up because they don't know what else to do.

	I think you need to get in touch with the airline and talk to
someone about the way in which you were treated. If you need our assistance,
we are here to help you out. You can call the NAGDU Information & advocacy
Hotline at (888) 62403841.

Fraternally yours,
Marion