[nagdu] control was Dog problems

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Dec 18 18:03:05 UTC 2013

Hi Julie J.
I am perfectly happy not to micro-manage my dog, but I do set boundaries,
and I will take action if the dog crosses them.  So, he can look at other
dogs while working, just so long as it doesn't get out of hand.  He has the
run of the house, including the kitchen, but, if he started jumping on the
counters to grab food, I would growl at him, and then figure out how to fix
the problem.
It's good to set the dog up to be successful.  It's good to teach the dog
self-control.  But I don't have a problem with imposing my will on the dog
if he does things I think are undesirable.
Tracy