[nagdu] Nixon

Jen&Nixon jenandnixon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:10:12 UTC 2013

Today Nixon and I met 8 years ago, at the Oregon campus of Guide Dogs for
the Blind. It is still unbelieveable it was that long ago, and he's been
retired exactly a year. He was a phenomenal dog and nothing fazed him one
bit! There's a successor Nixon being raised right now in one of the puppy
raising clubs in Oregon and I hope he's doing well.

On FB I posted some of the more funny and cute pictures of Nixon of our
working years together. One of him wearing, in his last month before he
switched to a different collar of all his tags on his training collar.
Another of him laying belly-up on the stairs, and he still sleeps at that
spot all the time. I witnessed it over the Christmas holidays. Another pix
of him in his own cubicle, where he's positioned in a way that is impossible
to get in; but no one has figured out how he got in there in the first
place. He did it all behind our backs. One pix of him laying with my mother
after a hard day's work (his last few years of working, we had days from 7
a.m. to 6 p.m.). Except on bowling night, we'd not be home until 9:30 at
night. He was a trooper but after a while, it got too much for him. I have
one of my favourite picture of him wearing his Red Cross bandanna when he
first got it put on him. One pix of him wearing the cone and sleeping on his
laz-z-boy chair on Thanksgiving after he had surgery to remove a few tumors.
Lastly, a pix of him with a crink in his neck, the infamous sleeping
position of his.

I'm in worry-wart mode this morning since I asked Dad how's he doing, and I
may see him later today, he's been vomiting the last few days for no
apparent reason, no matter if he has had water or been fed and they've
withheld food for at least 12 hours (I believe it should be 24 then to a
bland diet). He normally doesn't get into things he shouldn't, but something
is obstructing the intestines for him to do this. He's happy despite it. :(
I hate to worry and he's not legally my boy but I'm still attach to him as
he's my *HEART* dog.

Anniversaries are always so special!

Jen McEachen and Aiken
Pampered Critters Pet and House Sitting Services
Prince George, BC
pamperedcritters at gmail.com / www.pamperedcritters.ca
<http://www.pamperedcritters.ca/>
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pamperedcritters