[nagdu] clicker training

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Feb 19 17:11:44 UTC 2013

When I was at Leader Dogs back in 2004, one of the trainers said that a blind person couldn't use clicker training since it involved clicking at the exact moment a dog did something and since we couldn't see it, we couldn't do that.
This is a trainer I really like, so I don't want to give his name.
I knew nothing about clicker training, and what I had been told made it sound very strange.
>From what Julie and others have said, sounds like "the moment" can be defined by touch or some other end point.

It's interesting though what can be presented as fact and what misinformation can do.
This is an interesting discussion and I don't even have a dog.