[nagdu] Losing Caroline

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 17:17:15 UTC 2013

Hi, all.

Caroline, my retired guide, passed away early Wednesday morning. I don't know what happened. Perhaps she had a heart attack, but I'm not really sure. She was only nine. It's hard for me to believe she's gone.

I'm not dealing with the loss very well. I imagine time will make this easier. It was hard losing my first guide, and losing Caroline has brought that initial loss back full force.

Shannon and Ace

Shannon and Ace
Shannon Dyer
Alumni Council Member,
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc
®  and
America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
Providing "Second Sight" ® since 1946
371 E. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
Office: 631-930-9000, Toll-free: 866-282-8047
solsticesinger at gmail.com
To make a donation that can change a life...contact the Guide Dog Foundation at
www.guidedog.org
or America's VetDogs the Veterans K-9 Corps at
www.vetdogs.org
Visit us on facebook at:
www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation or www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs