[nagdu] Conference Call

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 03:01:54 UTC 2013

We had a wonderful conference call. Unfortunately, the recording system is down but perhaps call partiicipants can help summarize the call.

I'd like to emphasize that all are welcome, not just Nyagdu or New York people.

Besides those of us from New York, a participant from Tennessee and a participant from Arizona joined us.

We talked about various situations and ways to deal with them as calmly as possible. We also talked about knowing your dog well helps keep stress levels down. We talked about keeping one's dog under control and clean as being an important part of negotiating our access to venues. We spent some time talking about tra"eling on various airlines, a little about the Air Carrier Access Act, and talked about access denial situations and how owe handled them.

I want to thank Joyce Carrico and Jessica Snyder for being so well-prepared and for doing such an awesome job of educating and inspiring us and for keeping the call moving forward and keeping people's interest. The general feeling was that it was an informed, warm, supportive call.

So, please, if you have time, join us on the second Thursday of each month at 7:30.
The call will last about an hour.

Participants voted to have travel as the topic for February, First Responders as the March topic, and intervening when noticing another guide dog misbehaving as the topic for April.

Margo and Arrow