[nagdu] Dog washing

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon Jan 14 18:55:14 UTC 2013

Julie,

Oh, food quality makes a *huge* difference in coat and smell! Even for
Daisy hound, who had some problems on cheaper food. Well, she had some
allergies, too, that cleared up when we upgraded and went to a limited
ingredient food. With the mutt puppy, now getting on toward adulthood, I
notice that she hasn't developed a doggy odor. So we've never bathed
her. Brushing keeps her clean, and she loves to be brushed! When I want
to cleanse her or condition, I use the aloe vera gel, which does the trick.

She's now finally mature enough that she will let me brush the poodle
without jumping under the brush to get her share. /lol/ Poor Mitzi was
getting a little bedraggled between the puppy's pulling on her long ear
hair or top knot or tail... Now that she is finally getting some
individual attention again, she doesn't even pretend that the extra
brushing she needs is a huge imposition. /smile/

Tami