[nagdu] Airport Security- Seeing Eye-Tennessee

Jimmy jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:52:17 UTC 2013

Greetings everyone!
The Seeing Eye, where I got my shepherd, give comprehensive training on airport travel,plane travel, as well as making you aware of your rights as a traveler and guide dog user. I think reiterating that no matter what, you should not let loose of your guide dog's leash is imperitive. Being asked to do so is against federal regulation and can be putting yourself and /or your dog at unneeded risk. We can all agree that airports are busy with unfamiliar people, smells, noises, and equipment. From a leagal and a safety standpoint, releasing your dog or handing your dog to someone else would not be wise.
Personally, I use the sit method and proceed through the detector and then call my dog to my side. This was one of the main methods that were taught us and seems to be the most effective. The Seeing Eye likewise has simulated airplane seats and aisles which gave us good practice in situating our dogs in front of us.
	On a different note, I would like to ask if anyone who lives in the Tennessee area and  would like to become part of our newly forming Nagdu chapter,  please contact me for more information at 901-483-1515 or email at jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com.
.
I appreciate  everyone's comments, experiences, and feedback.
Thanks.  yesterday

Sent from the Iphone of
James Boehm
KustomCane