[nagdu] NAGDU at Top Dog in the Future

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Jan 21 01:05:38 UTC 2013

Marsha and all,

Top Dog is put on by Guide Dog Users of Georgia, Florida Guide Dog Users and
dixiland Guide Dog Users which are all affiliated with GDUI but it is not a
GDUI conference per say. It's non-partisan, non-bias and really a very
relaxed time where people's focus is on friendship and their dogs.

It's quite low key compared to some other conferences and the accent is on
having time to talk with each other. I have to say the exhibit hall this
year was excellent and though I can't speak for the organizations that plan
and host this conference, I think that if you kept a booth pretty low key,
as I think you would once you got there and felt the vibes of the event, it
would be a fine idea to be represented there. No reason also that the local
NAGDU affiliates couldn't offer to help. Not sure if you are able to do that
but if so, it might be fun.

What I like about this conference is the fact  that it's very low key and
about the dogs, not any blindness philosophy or certain way of doing things.
People from all walks of life, age groups and blindness experiences attend.
Many venture out into the community, staying extra days and being tourists.
I only wish I had this year and taken advantage of more of that amazing
weather. :)

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems