[nagdu] Guide dogs in Caribean

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:20:06 UTC 2013

Tracy and all being a guide user travel agent and also in the past have sent updated information to the webmaster for nagdu and also the president of the NFB travel and tourism and also the host of the Echevarria Travel show on thruoureyes.org website I can help

Just want to bring to your attention Tracy that the NFB of New Jersey is doing a cruise to Bermuda which is 5 days in April 2013 and also the NFB of Florida is doing a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas which both places allow service animals from the US

What do a very limited 3 and 4 day cruises from the New York area to the Caribbean because of the how far it is away from the tried state area

But in general when cruising with a guide dog you need a US DA health certificate from your vet and also a permit from that particular country that you are visiting it is not the cruise line that determines whether or not you can bring your dog on the cruise it is the country of entrance that you're going to.

The only country as you're willing to not bring a dog into from the United States is Jamaica and Barbados you can do so but you must first enter through the United Kingdom but from the United States on a cruise they will not allow service animal and no you're not allowed to leave your dog in the room unattended I hope this helps and if you need further assistance I'm here to help

Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net> wrote:

My husband and I are considering taking a short Caribean vacation.  Not a
cruise, just a few days at the beach or whatever.
I'd like to know where guide dogs are welcome.  I tried googling "guide dogs
Caribean", and it looked like dogs might visit Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, the
Virgin Islands, and maybe St. Martin.
Does anyone know where I can find more definitive info?  I don't like to
bother Cheryl, when we're still in the thinking-about-it phase of trip
planning.
Thanks.
Tracy