[nagdu] Guide dogs in gyms was RE: Just some thoughts

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:37:07 UTC 2013

I take maxx all the time with me it used to be planet fitness since it was only $20 a month for both myself and hubby but changed to blink fitness since only a few blocks away and dont need to take the bus any more. Just chiming in that I put maxx on down stay and he is fine

Deanna Lewis <deannakay03 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there,
Just thought I would change the subject line, so more people would actually
know what this thread was about.
I used to go to the YMCA a few times a week with Pascal. I would work out
with the exercise equipment (treadmill, weight machines, etc.) first and
then head to the pool.
Everyone there was great about Pascal, they loved him. There were many young
kids around and they all liked seeing him, and knew not to pet him while he
was working. While using the treadmill, I would put Pascal on tie  down next
to it, and he would just sleep. When we headed over to the pool area, I
handed him over to the life guard. One of the managers there suggested that
the lifeguard would be the best person to puppy sit, so I would tie him onto
the lifeguard chair. Pascal was very well behaved, he mostly just slept.
But, occasionally the lifeguard would tell me that he kept looking longingly
at the pool and would have loved to just dive on in.
Pascal has never been an overly Velcro dog. That is to say, that I can
easily leave him with someone else, and go off and do my own thing. He
always gets excited when I come back, but he doesn't seem to mind me being
out of his sight. If you have a Velcro dog, they may not like you being in
the pool without them. They should be fine lying next to you at the
treadmill though.
So, I suggest you do take your dog to the gym with you, I think it will be
good for both of you.
 Hope this has helped.
Deanna and Pascal