[nagdu] Intelligent disobedience

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 31 13:00:30 UTC 2013

Chassity,
I don't test it.  Ben gets enough practice with his silly mistress! Once
every few months or a year seems plenty.  He's a cocky guy; he always knows
he's right.

One of my classmates got a dog change, when her dog failed the subway
disobedience test.  Apparently, he wanted to go up to the edge and look
over.  He'd been kind of a squirrel all along, and that was the last straw.

I would really like a bit softer dog next time around, but I also want a dog
who will argue when I insist on doing something stupid.  My Echo was pretty
soft.  It's hard for me to remember how much she would argue back.  It must
have been some, because she cared a lot about my safety.  My Amba would
completely take over, if she thought she should.  She had confidence in
bagsful.  She was also a pretty hard dog.  I just hope I'm not doomed to
always have a hard dog.  What I want is confident, but correctable.
Tracy