[nagdu] crates?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Jul 3 13:48:14 UTC 2013

I have a Vari-kennel for Monty.  I think it's the largest size they make.
It's hard to find crates for really big dogs.  My husband calls it the barn.
*smile*  anyway it's the plastic type with wire windows and door.  Monty
uses it daily.  He sleeps in there at night and sometimes he naps in there
during the day.  If he gets a new toy or some particularly prized treat he
will take it in there for safekeeping.  the kennel is his space.  Belle
absolutely does not go in there, her own choice, I have never made any rules
about crates.  She has her own crate downstairs, where she prefers to be,
although she doesn't use her crate much.

I can't remember the last time I shut the crate door.  It stays open and
Monty comes and goes as he pleases.  It's like his bedroom, his own personal
space all his own.  I find it puzzling how some people view the crate as a
little doggie prison.

Julie