[nagdu] Housing difficulty

ichoosechrist2 at gmail.com ichoosechrist2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 22:42:34 UTC 2013

Hello list

I just had a housing issue that I would like advice on.

I am looking for housing and I found a three bedroom place and was going to rent a room. Everything went well until I said I have a SD. Below is the transcript from my text:

What is your availability Saturday? I have a service dog which is allowed in housing even where pets aren't. (The ad said no pets) I'm sorry I don't um like dogs so that would be a deal breaker sorry about that do you own the place or does someone else? (I was going to check to see how many units they had) what doesn't matter I understand but it isn't ok to not allow a service dog. Yes it is if I lived here I don't want a dog so it is ok not to love service dogs I choose not to rent to someone with an animal.

I know there are some exceptions to the FHAA what are they? If I were to rent with a family are they excluded? Thank you for your time and advice.

Sent from my iPhone