[nagdu] Guide Dog Goes Missing In Dallas

Daniel daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 7 19:43:57 UTC 2013

I agree the story was poorly written, both describing the initial report of
the missing dog, and the return.
. For starters, I can't imagine why the dog, Sidney, was in the backyard
unattended or unsupervised in the first place. Knowing that there was a
possibility that the area was unsecured at all would and should be a reason
not to leave the dog alone. Not to mention the fact that fireworks were
being exploded in the area.
The article never said where the dog was found, if it had gone to a neighbor
or nearby, run miles away and was retrieved by the pound unharmed or what.
They commended GDB for their help, and yet it was the volunteers and posters
that apparently were the factor that led to the recovery.
Who knows, and I suppose it is none of our business except as a curious news
story due to the fact that we are all guide dog users and share a common
interest.
The fact of the matter is that she has her dog back, and the dog is
apparently unharmed and none the worse for wear. A story with a happy
ending, yet a story with a cautionary gist.
Just my two cents.

Daniel and Cass
Lakewood, Colorado