[nagdu] Guide Dog Goes Missing In Dallas

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Wed Jul 10 22:25:23 UTC 2013

This brings to mind about the time in 1989 when a friend's guide dog was
stolen right out of it's front yard.  The dog just had a bath and the
handler's spouse was in the front yard gardening.  The dog was outside with
them but wasn't being monitored.  Apparently, a guy was across the street
and coaxed the dog to him and he took the dog.

The dog was gone for days and there were news stories on our local TV
stations describing the dog and the fact it had a tattoo from the school in
it's ear - and nothing else.  Meanwhile, a man was on his way to Mexico to
deliver a statue of Saint Francis.  While on the freeway, he saw this dog on
the grass median of the freeway.  He stopped, coaxed the dog inside the
truck and saw there was no collar on it.  He didn't know about the tattoo in
the ear.  He brought the dog home to his family and cared for it realizing
that the dog must belong to someone.  Then he heard the newsstory about the
missing guide dog.  The dog he found on the freeway fit the description and
he looked in the dog's ear flap to see the tattoo.  He called the TV station
and they all planned on a reunion.

So, all ended well - well sort of.  The dog was an older dog and the whole
trauma affected the dog and it was soon retired.  So, folks with yards,
please consider what can happen when you are not out in that yard
supervising the dog.  Anything can happen and happen within a blink of an
eye.

Landon and I had a nice holiday on the 4th at my niece's home where we had a
picnic with her friends and family and fireworks afterwards.  Landon stayed
in the house with the other dogs.  the fireworks were shot off right next to
us at the school across a field.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown