[nagdu] Odie and the Fire Station4 fire truck

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 18:58:37 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
On my way back from making a quick stop over to 7 11 as we neared the fire station driveways, Odie suddenly stopped.
I praised him with a good boy and told him to go around, figure it out.
Unfortunately, there was no other way around the back of the fire truck, so we had no choice but to go around in while being close to trafic.
Next thing I knew, something was on Odie's mind.
He decided that since the door of the fire truck was opened, he'd put his happy shoe paws up on the step and want to climb into the fire truck.
I told him "No, we're not going for a fire in the fire truck and down".
Boy, my four-legged furry partner was disappointed.
He was hoping for a first time ride in that fire truck.
We then went around it and I began to tease the firemen for blocking off the driveway.
It turned out some maintenance needed to be done on the fire truck as one of the flashers went dead.
When I told one of the firemen how Odie saw the door opened to the fire truck, that he wanted to climb up inside of it to see if he could have a ride.
They all had a good laughter out of it.
I then said, "Now what's next. Odie thinking that he'll get a ride up in the bucket at the top of the truck!"
One firemen asked him if he felt it should be allowed.
Odie smiled and it was all the way across his face.
I am glad that I made sure Odie was exposed to the fire truck, ambulance and police cars as well as paramedics, firemen and police officers.
It also helped out ast he would know who he'd need to go to for help.
I have to wonder what will be in store next from my funny, four-legged furry working partner.
Bibi and son Odie