[nagdu] put to the test

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 14 04:12:58 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
I can say it went both ways with Odie and I today.
I decided I wanted to use the stair case at the light rail station while he wanted the elevator.
I told him find the stairs.
Needless to say, I wound up being the one to find the steps.
The moment felt as if Odie was trying to argue with me.
At Wal-Mart after getting my nebulizing treatment meds, I decided I needed a few things in grocery.
After checking out, Odie spotted a leftover pit which happened to be from a peach someone ate.
He started to go for it and I immediately told him no and leave it alone right now.
After a quick stop to MacDonald's, I decided it was best to get going as a bad storm was coming in.
Now the part of where I say put to the test.
The storm started up with a loud bang with lots of bright, continuous, flashing lightning which seem like it wasn't going to end.
I figured since lightning is one of my seizure triggers, I'd better head downstairs to the front lobby of my apartment complex and Odie went with me.
while down in the lobby, Odie kept bumping me, giving me indication that I needed to be facing the north hallway and not the window or front doors.
When the next three loud bangs happened, I jumped and then suddenly felt Odie on his back legs bumping me.
That was his medical alert signal for me to get down on the floor immediately as I astarted seizuring.
He wasn't going to let me up off of the floor until the storm past and he wanted to make sure I would be all right.
Although I've had three guide dogs, it's been a learning adventure.
Out of all three, Odie still wanted to work and he felt that if he couldn't pull in a guide dog harness anymore, he could do another job like his medical alerting.
Although I would have liked for him to retire and be happy almost three years ago, Odie didn't seem to be happy just sticking around at home and would become very depressed.
So, he went back to work.
Odie and I enjoy working as a team together, but for the most of all, we love spending time with each other.
He probably want to keep going until he tells me that it is really his time.
>From what it looks like, we're going to be dealing with this type of severe weather for the next few days, so I'll probably have family pick up things I may need and if I have other things to do, then I'd better have my behind out the door early Monday morning and then get back inside to keep the two of us safe.
Bibi and son Odie