[nagdu] Mentoring during convention

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jul 14 14:44:56 UTC 2013

I think having mentors during convention is a good idea, but it would have
to be done thoughtfully.  As someone said, speaking of her convention
experience, there are people who think they know everything there is to know
about guide dogs, and are more than willing to share their opinion with
someone they perceive as knowing less, and that can be obnoxious.
If my dog is acting up, and I'm trying to get him back under control, and
someone starts giving me unsolicited advice, which I probably already know,
well, I'd like to give that person a good, sharp leash correction, too.
Tracy