[nagdu] safari park question

Dailyah dailyahpatt at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 19:45:28 UTC 2013

Right, but that's to completely deny entry.  In the more "safari" types where often animals are running free (sometimes visitors can even walk right through an area with loose animals that are 'friendly'!), it can sometimes be argued or shown that either the dog's presence fundamentally alters the nature of the business (in selected areas) OR that their animals or our dogs could be in danger - if either of those is the case then they need to have safe and secure arrangements for your dog (often a kennel in someone's office) to hang out in while an employee goes with you through those areas (if you want one).  They immediately reunite dog and handler as soon as the area(s) have been visited and then you can go visit everywhere else as normal.  So, they aren't supposed to just say no to assistance dogs (and it sounds like that's what you've read on some websites?)...but there may be areas or exhibits where they can say no.  I've found these places to
 be REALLY reasonable, for what it's worth.  The couple of times they've wanted me to kennel my dog or not visit once they describe the exhibit to me I generally have been thankful for their common sense because no way would I have wanted my dog in there, leashed, with whatever critter loose and unpredictable!  (Their animals are used to having people come through, but not dogs...hate to have something decide my dog was prey!  Not cool!  lol)

Dailyah - waiting on a successor (AKA Dogless and Desperate! HAHA Paws crossed for Nov. class)