[nagdu] crossing highways alone with your guide

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 12:48:11 UTC 2013

I used to have to cross a highway. It was not at an intersection; I think that might be where I developed some of my fear of traffic. It wasn't quite so busy when I first moved there, but it got busier, and people took it to get to I35. Thing is, even when I could cross, I could still faintly hear the cars that had gone by, but I couldn't tell if they were gone cars or coming cars, so I developed considerable fear of crossing. I think it has needlessly carried over, and now where I live I don't have to cross. I now have a busy crossing with buttons, but I don't really know how to tell which one I am pushing--for the busy street I want to cross or the other one.

CL