[nagdu] crossing highways alone with your guide

t21114 at optonline.net t21114 at optonline.net
Tue Jul 23 21:29:27 UTC 2013

Rebecca , I have crossed the parkway where I live. When the bus drops me off I have no choice but to cross it as my house across the street and a few blocks away. I concentrate on one side of the park way and then I make it into the medium where the grass is and concentrate on the other side. I will tell you its scary. I don't cross at the light because its more dangerous there with cars turning. I have also crossed Sunrise Highway years ago and that was scary. I was with my husband crossing that Highway.  I have crossed Veterans Highway near my job . Another scary highway. On Vets Highway there is a Audible Pedestrian Signal. I have crossed Montauk Highway but not recently. We had an Audible placed there a few months ago.
If you do decide to cross a highway make sure you know if there is a medium so you can concentrate on one side of the road at a time.
Marilyn and Anna