[nagdu] How long is "successful"

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 14:56:10 UTC 2013

Great points Cindy! I figure that even success is defined differently. For
example, in our neighborhood, Holly sometimes forgets to stop at driveway
curbs or is sometimes distracted by those goofy squirrels! So, she is not
perfect! But, I can allow for this and usually she is great! I figure I'll
never get all the dog out of her but, as long as I can control it, and we
are safe, that's all that matters! Aklso, I pay a lot of attention to my
surroundings. Sometimes if Holly misses something, I'll pick it up. For me,
defining a successful team requires watching how the dog and the handler
work together. Illness or stuborness can effect one or both the team members
and screw up the successfulness of a team. Sometimes it can also improve the
team. I know that dogs are really sensative to how there humans are feeling.
And, when they know how to handle whatever they are sensing, they can be
very compassionate and protective! I don't mean aggressive but sometimes
over protective.