[nagdu] How long is "successful"

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Fri Jun 7 14:57:26 UTC 2013

How do we define success?

Margo and Arrow

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 10:41 AM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] How long is "successful"

I want to make it clear that I'm not at all interested in labelling a
particular team as "successful" or "unsuccessful", except as a means to
arrive at a statistic.  What I want are overall numbers that should give a
picture of how a training program is doing.    It's the kind of thing I do
in my job.  I work for a big hospital, and I write a lot of reports like
this:  How many people were admitted with diagnosis X, and how long did they
stay?  I'm not interested in particular patients; I'm interested in the big
picture.

I don't know how to get these stats though, since the schools would have to
provide the data.  I do think I saw something similar in the old GDUI
survey, or the Eames' book, but that was several years ago, now.
Tracy