[nagdu] First time poster

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Sun Jun 9 21:18:26 UTC 2013

Laura, yes, it is a good idea to meet with professors before clss begins or
the day they begin or soon after.  Still, it is not up to the professor to
talk about you and your dog or equipment.  That's up to you.  You are going
to have people try to pet your dog or do other silly things all your
dog-handling life, so, you'll just need to deal with that.  That's what we
all do.

Also, I guess I feel like my dog and equipment don't make me stick out like
a sore thumb because that equipment and dog signify freedom and
independence.  If the students get confused about the puppy group and your
dog, then, you'll just want to educate them perhaps one at a time or one
small group at a time.

Perhaps you could have a large group awareness session as well.  Loads of
ways to handle this.

The very, absolute best to you and your new pup.

Margo and Arrow