[nagdu] Guide Dog Age and Retirement

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 10 12:45:00 UTC 2013

Hi Ava.
My Echo retired at 11 and a half.  She probably started slowing down a bit
when she was ten.
Ben will be 9 this October.  He's still trotting along at a good pace.
Amba was still doing well at 9, before she developed cancer.

When Echo started to slow down, I put in my application to TSE, with a
hold on it.  It was more than a year before I activated it, so I think I
had to redo the physical.  I was glad to have most of it done beforehand.
I think it made the wait shorter.
Tracy