[nagdu] Guide Dog Age and Retirement

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Jun 18 00:39:36 UTC 2013

Monty does get excited when I pick up the harness, but he doesn't really put
his head in himself.  Belle, would run and hide under the dining room table
when I got her harness out.   To me running the other way at the sight of
the harness is a clear signal of not wanting to work, or at the very least
that there is a problem with the harness.  I think the thing that would be a
really clear signal that something was amiss, is if the dog had always come
to the door, ready to go, and then stopped doing that.  A behavior change
like that would concern me. Never getting excited to go wouldn't be a sign
that anything was wrong, as long as that behavior was typical for that dog.

HTH
Julie