[nagdu] discussion concerning my letter to the board of directors of Guide Dogs for the Blind

Darla Rogers djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:17:27 UTC 2013

I do understand Margi, so please don't think I'm disrespecting you either;
perhaps, we have become a little over-reliant on the community instructors
from any school who has them, and we do need to do as much as we can without
help, so I have decided, with the school's blessing to stay the four weeks
this time because, somehow, I have developed a huge fear of falling--it
wasn't Roxy or any dog's fault nor was it my cane's.  <giggle>
	In preparation, I have been working with an o&m instructor to find
out if anything was amiss in my body movement or anything, but maybe it
was/is not more than I fell off my back steps--because of a brain fart--I
forgot I was on them and broke my arm.  It wasn't serious and I recovered
completely; still not sure if that is the reason or not, but I shall
overcome.
	I will say working with a dog and moving slightly faster than I
could with a cane, and I do feel like my balance is better.
Darla