[nagdu] Statistics

Toni Whaley blind_treasurer at verizon.net
Mon Jun 17 16:52:04 UTC 2013

Hello!

I've heard from at least two schools that the average working life of dogs
who work regularly in large cities is around 6-7 years. This makes sense to
me given how crazy people drive especially here in the northeast. People
around here run red lights. Right on red is legal in this state. However,
there are people who think left on red is OK too. But drivers aren't the
only crazy people. We have people running and skate boarding down busy
sidewalks. A couple months back some idiot came running down the sidewalk
toward us. Haze tried to get out of the way, but things happened too fast.
The next thing I knew was that I was lying flat on my back. Had I not been
carying a backpack filled with all kinds of stuff I would have cracked my
head on the ground and probably gotten a concussion. (This person never even
stopped to see how I was.) Fortunately, Haze wasn't hurt, and I was only
pretty sore for a couple of days.

Toni