[nagdu] The Differences in Dogs and Canes

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 03:29:59 UTC 2013

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the list.  I have actually had this problem with my dog.  I
agree with everyone that it is very rude.  I will say though that at
first I had trouble realizing what my dog was doing until it was too
late.  I would be looking for the back of the line, and I ended up way
ahead of where I should be because my dog saw an opening and led me to
it.  Of course, sighted people were too afraid to tell me that I cut
in line, so I went on not knowing until I realized there were more
people behind me.  It hasn't happened  in years, but cutting in lines
is one of those things that first-time handelers may miss.

I think it's safe to say that you will be on the look out with your dog.  :)

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National