[nagdu] Activities of NAGDU at the NFB Convention

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 28 16:34:32 UTC 2013

Dear All,

                This message will provide information to the NAGDU
membership concerning the activities of the Association during the 2013
convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Please feel free to
circulate this message as widely as appropriate. Questions can be directed
via email to

President at NAGDU.ORG

Or by calling 813-626-2789

                NAGDU's exhibit table will be A-20. This year we will be
selling Florida-themed bottle openers. These high quality aluminum bottle
openers are in the shapes of a dolphin (with its tail), a parrot (for all
our parrotheads), a palm tree, and a flip-flop! The bottle openers are $3.00
each or 4 for $10.

                For the dog owner, we will have bone-shaped pick-up bag
dispensers emblazoned with Whozit, along with the NAGDU website and Hotline
telephone number. The bag dispensers are $5.00 each. We will also have a
donation box to help us defray the cost of creating and maintaining our
relief areas. The proceeds from these donations will be given to the NFB's
White Cane Fund which pays these expenses. Come by the table to support the
valuable work of NAGDU!

                On Monday, July 1 in Salon 4, Level 2 we will have the first
half of our annual business meeting followed by a dynamic set of
presentations. Registration for both Monday's and Wednesday's meetings
begins at 6:00 p.m. outside the meeting room and will close at 6:50 p.m. Our
meetings will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. NAGDU has several exciting ongoing
projects and some new initiatives you will definitely want to hear about and
become involved in.  we will also have presentations from Disney's Animal
Kingdom and the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA). The Association is
working with AZA to create sound, compliant policies for all its member
zoos, so we need you to come share your experiences and offer your input.

                On Wednesday, July 3, our meeting will be held in Salon 10,
Level 2. Once again, registration will be open from 6:00 - 6:50 outside the
meeting room and the meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. Our Business
Meeting will include Old Business, New Business, and elections. This year we
will be electing a Vice President, Treasurer, and one Board member. We will
also hear from guide dog training programs with their input on the Guide Dog
Consumers' Bill of Rights. Training programs that have committed to send
ranking representatives to discuss this document include

Julie Unwin,

Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation;

Paul Lopez, Guide Dogs for the Blind;

Wells Jones, 'Guide Dog foundation;

Rod Haneline, Leader Dogs for the Blind; and

Jim Kutsch, The Seeing Eye.

Please join us for the most exciting, dynamic meeting of guide dog users in
the United states! Your involvement is what makes us strong! We will see you
in Orlando!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789 (Office)

888-NAGDU411 (Hotline

President at nagdu.org