[nagdu] question on conventions in general

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 20:07:34 UTC 2013

Daniel,

this will be my first convention not to go to in like 8 years. if you have never been, you need to atleast go once. Its an experience that is awesome.

A NFB convention is the largest gathering of blind persons, from all walks of life, youn g and old. The first few days are dedicated to division meetings, like NAGDU or the Science and Technology group. if your intereested in something in particular, I would assume that there is a group, division, or others who have that same interest in the NFB and at the convention. There are meetings from abou 7am to midnight. When the official convention begins, during the day there are general sessions, which will have speakers about everything and anything to do with the blind. While at convention you can go on tours of the surrounding city and attractions. on the close of the convention is a banquet, where the scholarship winners are announced officially, and Dr. mauer gives his presidential speech. Usually the general session is held in huge ballrooms, with an upwards of 3000 members. Yes there is an exhibit hall where you can look at new technology, sign up for different services, learn about other affiliates, and buy products. If you look on to the NFB website, you will find some documents for new convention go'ers.

I am sure others will chime in and tell you other things too, hope atleast that gives you an idea.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone