[nagdu] having surgery

Eve Sanchez celticyaya at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 16:06:12 UTC 2013

Mary, There are many things to consider. How long have you had your
dog? Unless it is a newby, it is unlikely she will forget how to work.
Do you live alone? Have anyone close to you that could help with
exercise? If it comes down to it you could exercise in the home. I do
not know what type of surgery of course so do not know what your
limitations will be. I just know that when I am not feeling energetic
I could still, at worst case, play fetch from a laying down position.
The dog  is very good about bringing the toy to me and keeping herself
moving. If things will be too difficult and you do not have anyone to
help out there is also the possibility of contacting the school from
which you got your dog to see if they could help. i have heard of
trainers taking dogs to keep them working during recovery times and
then returning them to handler. That is dangerous though, as mistakes
always are a possibility and I have also heard of one dog not
returning to the handler. Instead it was reassigned and when better,
the handler had to start over with getting a new dog.  Lots of things
to consider and only you could make the decision that is right for
you. Good luck and Blessed Be. Eve