[nagdu] Fire evacuation

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 14 18:40:59 UTC 2013

When I was at TSE, my group was having a lesson on putting on dog booties
when some idiot pulled the fire alarm for a joke.  (He was sent home for
being an idiot, when they found out who'd done it.)  Anyway, our instructor
said not to harness up the dogs.  I think she was afraid they'd act up, with
all the noise and their new booties.  But, when I tripped down a step,
because we were in a part of the building I didn't know, I pulled Benny
aside and put his harness on, and he led me out without batting an eyelash,
just as I expected he would.  Guess my instructor hadn't heard the story of
how an early TSE class was staying at a hotel when there was a fire, and
their new dogs led them out safely, no problem.
It still rankles that she apparently didn't have much confidence in her
dogs, while I had no doubt at all that Ben could handle it.
Tracy