[nagdu] Ben and the cone

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Mar 16 14:19:28 UTC 2013

We brought Ben home last night from the vet, and he's fine, except he has to
wear the Elizabethan collar, the big cone around his head.  I think it's
bumming him out.  When it bangs on something, he tends to stop and think
he's stuck.  I don't know if being a guide dog is making it worse.  Maybe he
thinks banging things is a problem, because it's a problem when he bangs me
into something.  The poor dear is having some trouble relieving, because he
can't get in a good sniff without the cone banging on the ground or the
bushes. And it seems to catch when he's going up and down steps, and our
house has plenty of steps. What he really needs is goggles, like Snoopy!
I don't think I can get his harness on over the cone either, though I'll
give it a try.  So, even though he seems chipper and ready to go, he may
have a week off.
If anyone has any advice about the cone, let me know.
Tracy