[nagdu] Elevator doors

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 28 13:27:28 UTC 2013

Hi Eve.
I think your elevators are different from those in my office building.  The
doors do not seem to open from the middle, but from one side to the other.
And it seems that the side to hold is the farthest from the elevator
buttons, so I have to quickly go past the elevator to hold the door.  I'm
not sure if holding the elevator button would do the trick, but I could try
it.
I do try the holding up my arm trick, but I have to hold it across mine and
Ben's body both.
It doesn't seem as bad lately as it was for a while, so maybe the building
manager has adjusted the time before the door closes.
Happily, they're also finally allowing people to take the stairs, which
solves all the elevator problems very neatly for me.
Tracy