[nagdu] Easter, Good Friday and our travel day

Criminaljusticemajor Extraordinarie orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 30 01:19:57 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
For those who celebrate Good Friday and Easter, Odie and i would like to do the same.
Our travel day was really, really busy.
I ended up going to Denver Health Medical to turn in a release of information request form in medical records, then off to the main hospital we went.
I had been feeling awful lately and both of my ears felt as if they each had a hard, pressure ball that wouldn't come out.
While I was waiting for the nurse to come in for an evaluation, the fire alarm went off.
I had no way of knowing what or why, so immediately told Odie up, up, up right away.
For some odd reason before the fire alarm went off, he didn't want to lie down, so i had to be more firm on that one.
Another nurse came in to do the ear eragation.
It was very cold and not pleasant.
Before that happened as I had to lie down on my right hand side on the examination table, the dog gone fire alarm went off again.
By that time, I was annoyed and just wanted the crazy thing to cut it out.
After the nurse gave me a small bottle of ear drops to start off with until I can get the actual prescription filled next wee, I got back into my power wheelchair and began to head out.
As we left the area for check-in of Urgent Care or Emergencies, the alarm did it again.
By that time, I felt an appending seizure warning and the left hand side of my head began to bhraub as well as my left eye.
Since I was affixiated by that point, I asked the nurse if she wouldn't mind pushing my power chair to get me out of the hospital quickly and to the bus stop across the street on Bannock.
Thank goodness for the emergency levers on my chair for if I did experience failure, I could have someone assist pushing it.
Odie and I got off the route52 bus and walked up to 16th and Champa.
I crossed 16th, made a right and began to head for the light rail station.
As we neared the corner, a lady came in a hurry out of nowhere, hit my cane with her foot and had the nerves to say, "Excuse You!"
I felt no need for saying anything back, but just quickly found the ramp for the light rail.
At the Evans station, it was a challenge because they've had lots of construction going for probably a year or so.
While I was exploring, someone came over to ask if I needed help and I took the offer.
Odie and I rode the route21 bus down to Evans and Vallejo to get off in front of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
I had some things I needed to pick up from there since they were ordered and ready.
I wound up getting spoiled as a student and staff member offered me some Domino's Pizza.
I ended up eating five slices and then, another student offer me a slice of Chocolate covered strawberry cake.
On the way out, an unfortunate thing happened.
My lever adjustment piece for my seat on my power chair got caught on something and broke.
Happily, it will be dealt with next week.
For the time being since I will be bowling tomorrow, I'll just use accessaride to get to the alley.
I guess I can say that I'll have five legs for assisting: my support cane and of course, Odie too.
Well, I've written enough for now.
It's bed time medicine time, feed the labrawolf his supper and get him out for parking.
We have another partial busy day tomorrow.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labrawolf