[nagdu] Bed and Breakfast

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed May 1 14:35:56 UTC 2013

Okay, I looked and couldn't find the law.  So I called the ADA hotline
number.   The phone representative confirmed what I had thought.  If there
are 6 or more rooms they do have to allow service dogs because they are
covered by the ADA.  If they have fewer than 6 rooms and the owner lives on
the property then they are not covered by the ADA and do not have to allow
service dogs.  However if they have less than 6 rooms and the owner does not
live there, they then  are subject to the ADA and would have to allow
service dogs.

I'm glad I called.  I stay in Bed and Breakfasts from time to time.  It's
good to have someone else confirm what I had thought.  It's been so long
since I read the actual law though, and searching for it was frustrating to
say the least.  Now I know and will feel more confident in my rights when I
travel.

Julie