[nagdu] good job by my dog

Mary Wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Fri May 10 02:14:08 UTC 2013

his is the ninth week since my original surgery.  I am still wearing a
brace.  I can walk with Felix now.  However, I have to go really really
slow. My favorite word is steady. After a few hours on the ankle I must ice
it again for the swelling problem.  I am praying that I will be even better
by national convention.
Speaking of convention, I have never had a guide dog there, but I have been
impressed with how behaved the dogs are.  Nothing is perfect,  with so much
activity and so many dogs in one place, I think the dogs I have watched
since going to our first national   convention  in 1981 have done a
marvelous job.  People always tend to talk about the bad stuff such as a
potty accident in front of an elevator, instead of looking at how well
hundreds of dogs are doing in an unfamiliar place.  I'm a bit nervous but
will try to do a good job with Felix.
Mary