[nagdu] what do you consider an attack?

melissa R green graduate56 at juno.com
Mon May 13 02:25:44 UTC 2013

this is an interesting thread of discussion.
My girl is adopted an offense/defense strategy.  She has had dogs growl and
lunge at her .
She hasn't been enjured thank goodness.
the other day though, we were walking in a building on campus and a dog came
out of nowhere growling and barking and running towards us.
the owner just sat there and snapped her fingers and said bad dog come.
he was very close to her face and growling.  I just kept talking to my girl
and she went right past the dog.  He just got more mad and kept coming after
us.
We got out side and I asked if the dog was a service dog.  I found out that
yes he was and that he wasn't on a leash.
So I complained.
I don't believe that anything will be done.
I am just glad that we were safe and that there were two of my classmates
there that helped me defuse the situation.
With all of this said, I have a question, what are the laws concerning
service dogs?
are they supposed to be on leash?
Blessings,
Sincerely,