[nagdu] Dental bones

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue May 14 17:32:56 UTC 2013

Tracy,

I use a product that I just sprinkle over the dog's food on a regular
basis that works wonders. It's called Denta-Treat by Wysong, and it's
powdered cheese enzymes. Spendy, with two dogs. But I was really sold
when we tried it with Daisy when she was into double digits... Her teeth
were pure white in under a week. So it works there! I also like it
because Ms. Finicky Poodle will dig in more enthusiastically if I put
something on her food to make it more special. /smile/

I've also used Greenies and the like, which are nice for fresh breath,
but expensive. Some have seemed to do more for the teeth than others.
Those seem to be the ones that are most expensive.

Hm... I use Zuke's minis as training treats, since they are low cal,
but I've never checked out their dental bones. I might try them when
next I can spring for such luxuries. Mitzi seems not to usually have
super dog breath, but... I do like having a supply on hand, along with
chewing gum for me, for when it's needed.

Tami