[nagdu] NAGDU meetings at National Convention

blind411 blind411 at verizon.net
Tue May 14 21:49:34 UTC 2013

Dear All,

                As we approach the summer, many of us are preparing for our
annual pilgrimage to the NFB National Convention. With nearly 3000 people in
attendance, the NFB convention is the place to be if you are an active blind
person. If you are a guide dog user, the annual meetings of the National
Association of Guide dog Users Inc. (NAGDU) presents the most interesting,
dynamic, and timely presentations in the areas of advocacy, public
education,  and training available. Read on to learn more about what we will
be doing in Orlando this year as you plan to be a part of changing what it
means to be blind!

                This year, we will restructure our agenda considerably by
combining our business meetings and seminars into two days of power-packed
information! On Monday, July 1, we will present our committee reports,
including an update on the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline, the launch
of our long-awaited Guide dog Consumers' Satisfaction Survey, progress on
our social networking efforts, and the new initiatives we are launching.
Also at our July 1 gathering, we will have a panel discussion about guide
dogs in zoos featuring representatives from Animal Kingdom, the Association
of Zoos & Aquariums, and other local zoos. NAGDU is determined to create
effective, consistent policies among all the zoos in the United States and
this meeting will make a major impact on this resolve!

                On Wednesday, July 3, the NAGDU Business agenda will cover
our Old Business, New Business, and elections. We will also hear from guide
dog training programs on how they intend to implement the provisions of
NAGDU's Guide Dog Consumers' Bill of Rights. Of course, we will have our
usual array of awesome door prizes and some very unique fund raising
products! Watch your "In Box" for more announcements about the gatherings of
the National Association of Guide dog Users and our exciting plans for the
future as we move "Forward!"

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789 (Office)

888-NAGDU411 (Hotline

President at nagdu.org