[nagdu] PFUI and leash ordinance

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed May 15 19:06:33 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Last night, Odie's work up to 7 11 was flawless.
We stopped by our fire department to say hello and they were happy to see Odie as well.
Both told me they like Odie lots and that he's a great dog.
We got to 7 11 and two residents that are friends of ours who live in the same building were there too.
The first one was Patty and her medical alert service dog Homer and then, Homer's friend giggit and her daddy, Drue.
The owner of that 7 11 on 18th and Lawrence will allow pet owners to bring in their pets as long as he/she is well-behaved and doesn't cause any problems.
Last time when Patty and I walked home together, things were easier.
I think it was because when Homer was in work mode, there wasn't a big distraction.
However last night when it came to all three of us and dogs, Odie's attention went down the drain.
I was able to correct him with PFUI a couple of times and remind him that he needed to pay attention.
Drue was quick to get all over Giggit as well and remind her she needed to behave.
She's still a yungster, so has lots to learn.
I'm glad Drue and Giggit were a good distraction to have around though as Odie and I needed that refresher.
It's been a long time since we've had to deal with a dog distraction while at a street corner, getting ready to cross.
Now for the leash ordinance in Denver, Colorado.
The news media has done a fantastic job of making dog owners aware that their dogs need to be on leash at all times while out and about as animal control has beefed up their patrolling.
The first time an owner is caught without a dog on leash, fine ranges around $80.00.
The next time, it goes up higher.
I'm not sure if me reporting the incident Odie and I had almost two weeks ago to animal control ast week may have partially helpped.
There was possibly other complaints filed.
I plan to thank 9news for putting the word out and also letting Animal Control know that it;s appreciated.
I hope they'll be able to reinforce that more and as the temps rise, also crack down on dogs left in vehicles to end up dying from a heat stroke.
Well, I've written enough for now, so will will write next time.
Bibi and son Odie