[nagdu] homeless shelter refuses to accept blind man with hisdog guide

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu May 16 03:15:43 UTC 2013

I've already passed this on to the Colorado Cross Disability Coalision and may likely send it off to the Colorado Red Cross Milehigh chapter's director.
Shucks! I wish I could go back to school and finish up my criminal justice studies to become a probation officer, attorney, lawyer and then work my way up to becoming a judge.
unfortunately, the various medical ailments I'm dealing with have hendered that.
I also don't have the financial means to be able to finish up with school right now.
I figure the most I can do is if I see an article like this one on another list, I will pass it along.
As far as social or case workers go, I have one with Long Term Health care Options and will share this with him in the hopes that if he ever should end up with another blind client, he will have knoledge and resources to refer.
Well, this is my second post, so will avoid responding more.
If I want to continue to do so, I'll respond to people privately off list if they feel all right with that.
Bibi and son Odie