[nagdu] homeless shelter refuses to accept blind man withhisdogguide

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu May 16 02:48:37 UTC 2013

I'll admit that I'm hard headed and will speak what I feel when necessary.
I usually will tell a person that is acting like a ding dong that yes, I'm blind but am not stupid.
Sadly the stereotyping continues which is a battle that won't go away.
I could be wrong, but it seems as if lots of that comes from those that are sighted.
No matter how much we may try to educate, there's always going to be an individual or handful that would just rather be stubron than listen or take laws seriously.
I hope that me putting this article on list hasn't caused any contriversity amongst many.
I just felt the need to get it out there and share as this is concerning.
Where would I find the statistics on how many blind individuals with or without guide dogs who may be homeless upon having a hard time getting somewhere?
I'm suspecting I may have to google it, but am curious to hear from others on list before going that far.
Bibi and son Odie