[nagdu] which side are you on?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon May 27 16:48:36 UTC 2013

When I walk on our hike and bike trails with my teenage son, I have him walk
just ahead and to my left.  Monty views him as a moving obstacle and will
keep him to the left to avoid collisions.  If there are others on the paths
my son will move to the right, which in turn causes Monty to keep to the
right.  If I'm walking alone on those same paths Monty generally chooses to
walk down the middle.  He doesn't walk down the middle of sidewalkless
streets though.  I'm not sure how or why he makes the distinction, but he
does work them differently.

If I had a walking companion/exercise partner that was constantly
criticizing me and my dog, I think I'd explore other options.  that doesn't
sound like a fun time and my intent in using the hike and bike trails is
definitely to relax not to test the limits of my politeness.

HTH
Julie